Dreaming of an IT job where you do more than telling someone to turn their computers off and on again. A job where every day challenges are different, where what you do actually matters? Are you able to problem solve, plan and implement IT support solutions for clients? Have you experience in IT support or help desk and want a change? Onsite Helper may be just the right fit for you.
Hi potential team member!
Your future employer, Onsite Helper is looking for a new team member who has the right personality and attitude towards work and life. Sure, you will possess high technical ability which will be encouraged and nurtured with the work that you do with us but the right attitude is everything.
We are looking for an experienced IT engineer (Level 2) who shares our passion to join our growing team to take client support services to the next level.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Who we are
Onsite Helper is an established IT support services business which has been servicing business clients for over 8 years. Please visit our website www.onsitehelper.com for an overview.
What we do affects the livelihood of our clients so we do not take our work lightly. Band aid fixes on IT issues are a no no. We believe it is important to spend that little bit of extra time and apply the best solution possible.
Your role with us
- Timely Administration of Job Tickets to meet Client SLAs
- Deliver technical support and advice to clients
- Remote and Onsite maintenance and support of clients’ network infrastructure
- Review clients IT infrastructure and provide recommendations for improvements
- Internal projects
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 3 years working in IT Service Delivery or Helpdesk
- Ability to work efficiently and move forward with the task while still ensuring high quality of work.
- Highly organised with strong ability to prioritise work and work autonomously.
- Take ownership of issues and see it through to completion
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Great attention to detail and presentation
- IT related certifications would be a bonus but not mandatory (CISCO, Microsoft, VMware, Apple)
- Results driven and highly efficient
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Friendly with a great sense of humour
- Passionate and a creative thinker
- High accountability for your work
- Positive, passionate approach to work
- Willingness to help & build strong relationships with clients and co-workers
- Always looking for a better way to improve the solution whether for a client or for the Company
- Own vehicle and current Australian driver’s license are essential
- Fluent in English
- Australian PR or Citizenship
The Money (and Benefits) Section
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What your week would look like
If you are already working for us last week would have looked like this:
- Google Apps setup including migrating emails, calendars & contacts from Exchange Server 2003 to Google Apps.
- Provide training to clients employees on how best to use Google Apps including how to setup the platform on mobile devices with 2-step verification app.
- Boss shouts you out to lunch.
- Implementing Single Sign On Service with a LDAP connector to Google Apps and add cloud apps into the SSO portal.
- Installation of Checkpoint firewall and configuration of user & application monitoring as well as QOS for VOIP traffic.
- Upgrade a client’s wireless network security to 802.1x using Windows 2012 RADIUS server.
- Perform an IT security audit for a client and provided them with a report on issues and recommendation.
- Install a 8 bay NAS and configure VPN remote access & automated cloud backups.
- Upgraded a Mac to replace old HDD with a SSD & more RAM.
- Setup a temporary wireless network at a hotel using to support 800 guests for an event
- Friday night drinks with work colleagues and associates.
Our Promise To You
Your time, energy and commitment never goes unnoticed and is always greatly rewarded. We have a work hard play hard attitude.
What To Do Next
Please send your applications to Lily Lee at email@example.com.You will need to submit a covering letter along with your CV as we want to get to know you. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.