Dreaming of an IT job where you do more than telling someone to turn their computers off and on again. A job where everyday challenges are different, where what you do actually matters? Are you able to problem solve, plan and implement IT support solutions for clients? Have you experience in IT support or help desk and want a change? Onsite Helper may be just the right fit for you.
Hi potential team member!
Your future employer, Onsite Helper is looking for a new team member who has the right personality and attitude towards work and life. Sure, you will possess high technical ability which will be encouraged and nurtured with the work that you do with us but the right attitude is everything.
We are looking for an experienced IT engineer (Level 2) who shares our passion to join our growing team to take client support services to the next level.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Who we are
Onsite Helper is an established IT support services business which has been servicing business clients for over 12 years. Please visit our website www.onsitehelper.com for an overview.
What we do affects the livelihood of our clients so we do not take our work lightly. Band-aid fixes on IT issues are a no-no. We believe it is important to spend that little bit of extra time and apply the best solution possible.
Your role with us
- Timely Administration of Job Tickets to meet Client SLAs
- Deliver technical support and advice to clients
- Remote and Onsite maintenance and support of client’s network infrastructure
- Review clients IT infrastructure and provide recommendations for improvements
- Maintain internal cloud server infrastructure and work on internal projects
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 3 years working in helpdesk for a Managed Service Provider / IT Support business
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and move forward with the task while still ensuring high quality of work
- Highly organised with strong ability to prioritise work and work autonomously
- Take ownership of issues and see it through to completion
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Great attention to detail and presentation
- IT related certifications would be a bonus but not mandatory (AWS, G Suite, Microsoft, CISCO)
- Results driven and highly efficient
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Friendly with a great sense of humour
- Passionate and a creative thinker
- High accountability for your work
- Positive, passionate approach to work
- Willingness to help & build strong relationships with clients and co-workers
- Always looking for a better way to improve the solution whether for a client or for the Company
The Money (and Benefits) Section
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What your week would look like
If you are already working for us last week would have looked like this:
- G Suite setup including migrating emails from on-premises exchange Server & migrating data from the file server to Google Drive.
- Boss shouts you out to lunch.
- Design & build a cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web Servers that have high availability with load balancing and auto-scaling capability
- Perform maintenance on a wireless network for a hotel that supports 500+ guests
- Implementing Single Sign-On Service with an LDAP connector to G Suite
- Adopt Unifi wireless access points, Unifi security gateway and switches to our cloud controller
- Assist Level 1 helpdesk with escalated IT issues
- Upgrade a client’s wireless network security to 802.1x using Windows 2012 RADIUS server.
- Perform an IT security audit for a client and provided them with a report on issues and recommendation.
- Apply penetration testing on the many cloud servers in AWS for our own infrastructure as well as ones we manage for our clients.
- Onboard a new managed services client with offsite backups to our Veeam Cloud Controller, Solarwinds RMM, our 8 layer security package
- Friday night drinks with work colleagues.
Our Promise To You
Your time, energy and commitment never goes unnoticed and is always greatly rewarded. We have a work hard play hard attitude.
What To Do Next
Please send your applications to Lily Lee at email@example.com.You will need to submit a covering letter along with your CV as we want to get to know you. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.