Dreaming of an IT job where you do more than telling someone to turn their computers off and on again. A job where everyday challenges are different, where what you do actually matters? Are you able to problem solve, plan and implement IT support solutions for clients? Have you experience in IT support or help desk and want a change? Onsite Helper may be just the right fit for you.
Hi potential team leader!
Your future employer, Onsite Helper has just created a new IT engineer (level 3)/team leader role and is looking for a person who has the right personality and attitude to fill this position. The individual will possess high technical ability along with strong client management ability and commercial experience. If this sounds like you, please send us your application!
This is a permanent full-time position.
Who we are
Onsite Helper is an established IT support services business which has been servicing business clients for over 9 years. Please visit our website www.onsitehelper.com for an overview.
What we do affects the livelihood of our clients so we do not take our work lightly. Band aid fixes on IT issues are a no no. We believe it is important to spend that little bit of extra time and apply the best solution possible.
Your role with us
- Head & review the performance of the technical team
- Timely Administration of Job Tickets to meet Client SLAs
- Deliver high level technical support and advice to clients
- Remote and Onsite maintenance and support of clients’ network infrastructure
- Review client’s IT infrastructure and provide recommendations for improvements
- Continuously look for better ways we can do things
What are we looking for
- Experience managing a team of IT technicians
- Minimum 5 years working in IT Service Delivery
- Strong client management ability
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to work efficiently and move forward with the task while still ensuring high quality of work.
- Highly organised with strong ability to prioritise work and work autonomously.
- Take ownership of issues and see it through to completion
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Great attention to detail and presentation
- IT related certifications at TAFE or Tertiary level is not mandatory but would be awesome (e.g. CISCO, Microsoft, VMware, Apple)
- Previous role in a Managed Services environment will make you a strong contender
- Previous role in IT support of the Medical industry will be a bonus!
- Results driven and highly efficient
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Friendly with a great sense of humour
- Passionate and a creative thinker
- High accountability for your work
- Positive, passionate approach to work
- Willingness to help & build strong relationships with clients and co-workers
- Always looking for a better way to improve the solution whether for a client or for the Company
- Own vehicle and current Australian driver’s license are essential
- Fluent in English
- Australian PR or Citizenship
The Money (and Benefits) Section
- Individually negotiated based on experience
- +Bonus based on performance
- +Bonus based on sales
- Car and Travel Allowance
What your week would look like
If you are already working for us last week would have looked like this:
- Google Apps setup including migrating emails, calendars & contacts from Exchange Server 2008 to Google Apps.
- Provide training to clients employees on how best to use Google Apps including how to setup the platform on mobile devices with 2-step verification app.
- Boss shouts you out to lunch.
- Implementing Single Sign On Service with a LDAP connector to Google Apps and add cloud apps into the SSO portal.
- Installation of Checkpoint firewall and configuration of user & application monitoring as well as QOS for VOIP traffic.
- Upgrade a businesses wireless network security to 802.1x using Windows 2012 RADIUS server.
Perform an IT security audit for a client and provided them with a report on issues and recommendation.
- Install a 8 bay NAS and configure VPN remote access & automated cloud backups.
Upgraded a Mac to replace old HDD with a SSD & more RAM.
- Setup a temporary wireless network at a hotel using to support 800 guests for an event
- Friday night drinks with work colleagues and associates.
Our Promise To You
Your time, energy and commitment never goes unnoticed and is always greatly rewarded. We have a work hard play hard attitude.
What To Do Next
Please send your applications to Lily Lee at email@example.com. You will need to submit a covering letter along with your CV as we want to get to know you. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Good luck. Lily.