New additions to Google Docs & Sheets including add-on integrations.
Yesterday Google released a huge update to its Docs and Sheets applications by creating an integration to many third party cloud services such a MailChimp or one of my favourites LucidCharts (which I use for drawing network diagrams and flowcharts).
To access these new add-ons, simply create a new Google Docs or Sheets and at the top bar you will see a new option called Add-ons.
Click this menu and select Get add-ons. This opens up the Google marketplace where you can search and review the addons you want, most of which are free.
* Note. The add-ons are only available for the new Google Docs and Sheets. If you have existing Docs and Sheets which are not in the new format then you wont have access to this. I will create an article on how to convert old to new in the next few weeks.
A few of the more popular addons include:
Merge by MailChimp:
Merge makes it easy for organizations to create and send personalized email straight from a Google Doc. By pairing your Google Doc to a Google Sheet with users’ email addresses and data fields, you can merge in personalized content like first name, last name, address, etc., right from your Google Sheet. Then, when you’re ready, hit send. It’s that simple. Merge by MailChimp merges in the data from your sheet and sends the email content to the addresses in your Google Sheet.
Quickly create and insert flowchart, mind map, network IT schematics and more diagrams directly into a Google document. Work together in real time with your team and clients. Lucidchart is an HTML5-based visual collaboration tool that makes drawing diagrams fast and easy. Work together with an unlimited number of others to create and edit diagrams in real time, with changes merged and synced instantaneously
- - great for team collaboration and working with clients. With the Lucidchart add-on for Google Docs, you can quickly
- - Create and edit Lucidchart documents from Docs
- - Insert diagrams directly into a Google document
- - Update inserted diagrams with latest changes made in Lucidchart
Letter Feed Workflows:
Need to gather approvals or feedback? Use Letter Feed to automatically send out emails and gather the approvals you need quickly. You’ll be notified immediately when it’s approved.
- - Automatic: Choose your reviewers, and hit start—everything else is taken care of for you.
- - Stay up to date: You can check the status of your approval at any time by simply visiting your original spreadsheet. You’ll know when each reviewer has received an email, opened the spreadsheet, and made a decision.
- - Easy Publishing: One-click publishing allows you to easily publish a read-only version of your approved spreadsheet.
- - Seamless: With Letter Feed Workflows, there’s no separate site to visit or separate login to remember. It works seamlessly with Google to automate your processes.
- - Secure and Private: All document data is stored within your organization’s Google domain. Neither your document nor any sensitive data is ever sent outside of your domain.
To find out more about what Google Drive can do for your business, please contact Onsite Helper on 03 9999 3106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org